RSB Ambassador!

I wrote a post a couple of weeks ago, probably longer, about how the CDT got accreditation by the RSB, RSC and IoP because of the bespoke training program the CDT offers its students.

Well, what I didn't include in that post was the fact that the operations team had developed a list mentors for the students who wished to ascertain a membership. The list had contact info for a range of academic and industry mentors that are affiliated with each institute and if we (the students) wanted to get in touch for advice or help we could!

I chose Prof. Kim Hardie (https://sites.google.com/site/hardieresearch/) as my mentor and had a fantastic meeting where I explained my love for outreach and goal to reach chartered status with the society. Luckily for me, Dr Hardie is an active member of the RSB and was able to direct me to the RSB Ambassador page on the RSB website.

Basically, to quote the page, "RSB ambassadors are enthusiastic, active and engaged members of the Royal Society of Biology who act as the key contact for the RSB within their workplace. Ambassadors showcase the benefits of membership, promote the work of the Society, and encourage new and current members to get involved. " (https://www.rsb.org.uk/membership/individual-membership/rsb-ambassadors)

This type of engagement was exactly what I was looking for and so I applied immediately! Within two weeks I was successful and was appointed an RSB Ambassador just this morning!

So, if anyone in my network has any questions about the RSB whether it be joining, outreach, grants, events or CPD please do get in touch. You can find me here

 ----> https://www.rsb.org.uk/membership/individual-membership/rsb-ambassadors











 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Whats, The Hows and The Whys of Protein Adsorption

Bad Nail Fungus!! What to do?